A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Nature of God

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL

PostSubject: The Nature of God   Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:11 am

In discussing the nature of God, I thought it would be good to go back to the beginning and establish what is God's true nature. It seems this is at the core of our many disagreements. And, we'll most likely disagree on this as well.

I am not saying I comprehend the nature of God. I am saying I understand what He has revealed about His nature.

What can we glean from the creation about the nature of God?

The first is obvious. He's a creator, and has the power to create. Since He has the power to create we must accept that He also has the power to destroy what He has created. That fact alone is awesome and incomprehensible.

The power of God establishes His Sovereignty. The power to create and to destroy what is created gives God complete control over creation. This means He is completely Sovereign.

God loves His creation. The very fact that He hasn't completely destroyed His creation tells us He loves His creation. God could, if He wanted to, destroy His creation, and create it again. It is His love for this creation that prevents Him from doing so.

Well, there you have it. The nature of God. All of His attributes stem from this nature. His power and His love is the foundation of all that God is. All of His abilities stem from His power. His attitude toward His creation is one of Love, as a father loves his children.

And that, my friends, is the nature of God, although I will say, it's probably easier to say than it is to comprehend.

study
Back to top Go down

The Nature of God
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1