Share | 

It's Time To Put God Back In....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin

PostSubject: It's Time To Put God Back In....   Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:52 pm

IT'S TIME TO PUT GOD BACK IN....

I recently saw a posting on Facebook that said, "It's time to put God back in the schools.  We don't need more laws.  We need a fear God & a respect for human life.  God will bless the USA when we invite him back in it."

Couldn't we say the same thing about the church in America?  

The authority in religious matters, to the church, is the Bible.  But, which church in America actually follows the Bible?  For example, there are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of denominations in America.  Where in the Bible is there authority for any denominations?  John Calvin didn't die for your sins.  Nor did Menno Simons.  Nor did all the other men that people follow.  We even have men today people follow, like Joel Osteen, and Rick Warren.  They are giving their perception of Christ, not the what the Bible says.  

Take a look at Matthew 25.31-46.  Do they teach what Jesus taught in that passage?  If they do, do they do what Jesus taught?   I believe if the church in America would be doing what Jesus taught, there would not be any homeless or hungry people in America.  But the church in America are building and maintaining buildings that cost up to and beyond $30,000,000.  None of them, that I am aware, have dormitories where the homeless can live, keep clean, and eat everyday.  Or, have a fund to help people pay their electric bill when they need the help.  

In Eastern Lancaster County of Pennsylvania, there is an organization called, "Christian Aid."  They do a lot for people in foreign countries.  But they do not do anything for people in America, that I am aware of.  Many churches support missionaries and missions in foreign countries.  But little for people in America.  Why is this?  

Maybe that is why God made me poor, and have to struggle for everything in life.  Because I have the ability to articulate what I just did.  

Why do we have all the problems we have in America?   Is it because of the government.  No.  I believe God is using bad government to show American Christians what His will is, and that it's time to put God back in the churches in America.  II Chronicles 7.14 says, "If my people, who are called by my name,  shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven, and forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

I remember in the 70s, around the time I first came to repentance, this was a popular verse among a group of Christians I had fellowship with.  In fact, if I recall, it was popular through much of American Christianity, and promoted by Campus Crusade for Christ.  Did it work?  Looking at America now, I'd say it didn't.

Nowhere does Scripture say that government should return to God, and turn from their wicked ways.  Scripture teaches us that judgment begins with the household of faith, not with government.  So, if Christians want America to be healed, they must humble themselves, pray, seek the face of Jehovah, and turn from their wicked ways.

The first part is that American Christians must humble themselves.  Being humble does not mean that you get all upset about this message and say, "Ah, that guy's a nut.  He doesn't know what he's talking about.  We're Christians, and if we want to demand that government get's back to God, we will."  That's not humility.   Humility is saying that there is a problem with American Christianity, and it needs to be fixed, so God will heal our land.  

And what is meant by "turn from their wicked ways"?   There is a problem, no one wants to admit to certain things being wrong.  I already mentioned denominations.  What about idolatry?  Would it be okay to accept Islam if we gave it a Christian sounding name?  Most people that call themselves "Christian," would say "no."  But that has been going on throughout the history of Christianity.  For example, Christmas is a pagan festival that was given the name "Christmas."   Calling a pagan festival and celebration, "the celebration of the birth of Christ," can't be right.  See II Corinthians 6.14-18.  Today, it is simply tradition.  But, what is more important?  Tradition?  Or the truth?  Christmas is one of our wicked ways we need to turn from if we want Jehovah top forgive our sin and heal our land.  Along with Easter, which wasn't even given a Christian name, and Halloween.

For all the other pagan influences in American Christianity I suggest you read a book called, "Pagan Christianity," by Frank Viola and George Barna.  Not that I agree with everything that book says, the overall point is a good one.

I also mention taking care of the poor.  If I would build a $30,000,000 building, it would have a sanctuary, teaching rooms, and dormitories where struggling people will have a place to get out of the elements.  A place to take a shower, and keep their clothes clean.  A place to eat 3 meals per day, where members of the church would serve.  But buildings like that are not built in America.  Our multi-million dollar church buildings have swimming pools, basketball and volleyball courts.  All the while there are homeless people in this country.  Also, our government is strapped with entitlement spending.  If the churches in America would come together as one church as is taught in Scripture, and take care of the poor as Christ taught, the burden on the government would not be as great.

Every once in a while I hear of churches gathering blankets to give to the homeless.  Why don't they give these people a roof over their head, as Jesus taught in Matthew 25.31-46?  

The government is broke and can't really afford to help the poor.  American Christianity controls about 20% of America's economy, largely untaxed.  Yet, aid to the poor in America from American Christianity is dismal.  Yet there are these super-evangelists, like Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyers that have their huge complexes to live in and private jets.  And people that support these so called evangelists call themselves "Christians."   And all their property is untaxed, because it falls under the umbrella of the "ministry."   I was taught how to do that back in the early 80s.  I never did it because I thought it was deceitful.  For example, the complex Joyce Meyer lives in is owned by Joyce Meyer Ministry.  So, it's tax free.  What a racket!

American Christianity has so many wicked ways they need turn away from, I could probably write a book about it.  Doesn't that show it's time to put God back in the church?

It's Time To Put God Back In....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1