Share | 

Christmas Questions and Answers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin

PostSubject: Christmas Questions and Answers   Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:09 pm

CHRISTMAS QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Do you read anywhere in Scripture where Jesus celebrated his birth? Do you read anywhere in Scripture where the apostles celebrated the birth of Christ? Do you read anywhere in Scripture where the early church celebrated the birth of Christ? Did anyone in Scripture ever wish anyone a "Merry Christmas"?

There is no Scriptural basis for the celebration of Christmas. That means Christmas came from outside of Scriptural authority. It was the church at Rome that slapped the name "Christmas" on a pagan festival. That's just the plain truth. It is no different than if we took Islam and slapped the name Christianity on it. Or Hinduism. Or Taoism. Whatever religion there is in this world, if we just call it Christianity, that would make it fine. Or, would it? Well, that's how we got Christmas.

Would you like to Christianize voo-doo? Just include it in some "Christian" holiday.

It was through this "Christianizing" process we also got Easter and Halloween. Of course, Easter is not even a Christian name. Easter was a pagan holiday long before Christ came. The church at Rome simply mixed the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Christ with it. Easter is the Anglicized form of Ishtar or Astarte.

All this information is available on the internet, or in Encyclopedias.
Are you aware that in colonial days, the United States did not celebrate Christmas? Did you know that in Massachusetts it was against the law to celebrate Christmas? That anyone caught celebrating Christmas was fined, I think $30, and spent some time in jail? Why would the Puritans do that?
America was built by people leaving the religious garbage of the old world. That included Christmas, Easter and Halloween. But, eventually, other religions, such as Catholicism, began making their way to America. And many of them kept their religious traditions such as Christmas, Easter and Halloween, but they did so privately. American Christianity has been declining into paganism ever since. I ask that you look for a book called "Pagan Christianity," by Frank Viola and George Barna. I don't agree with all their conclusions, but their overall point is a good one. Many of the rituals in American Christianity have come from paganism. I don't recall what they all are. It doesn't matter to me since I don't do any of them.

Christmas is one of the wicked ways that God's people must turn away from. See II Chronicles 7.14

In a certain forum someone quoted: "One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks - Romans 14.5-6

I have no problem with observing a day "to the Lord." How does one observe a day "to the Lord"? Should that not be based on Scripture? Are you aware that making of the Golden Calf was "to the Lord"? What did God tell the people of Israel regarding worshipping him in the way the people of the land God was giving to Israel worshipped their gods?

See Exodus 20.3-5. Exodus 23.23-24. Exodus 34.11-15. Deuteronomy 4.15-20. Deuteronomy 5.8-11. Deuteronomy 8.18-20. Deuteronomy 12.1-5.

Notice Deuteronomy 12.4, ESV; "You shall not worship the Lord your God in that way." You shall not worship the Lord your God in what way? Answer: The way the pagans or nations worshipped their gods. God's message to Israel was, they must worship Jehovah God the way he dictates, not according to the way the nations or pagans worshipped their gods. Now tell me, why would that be okay today? Why would you set a day aside to celebrate the birth of Christ the way the pagans worshipped their gods?

In all my writings about Christmas, you never once see me write that it is wrong to set a day aside to remember the birth of Christ. But, celebrating the birth of Christ in a pagan way is wrong. It's idolatry. It's sin. Or, is it possible that God is no longer a jealous God?

If you want to esteem one day above another, that's fine. But, do it "to the Lord." Not to pagan gods. This is the same thing the Word of God says in II Corinthians 6.14-18. We may not worship God in the way pagans worship their gods, even if it is called Christmas.
Again, see Deuteronomy 12.29-31.

Does Christianity have the same God as did Israel did? Is God still Jealous?

I can not understand why people that call themselves "Christian" want to mix the birth of Christ with paganism. But they do, at the end of every year.

Christmas Questions and Answers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1