Admin

PostSubject: Joel Osteen Exposed   Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:07 am

Joel Osteen Exposed...

Last edited by TomL on Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://line2016.freeforums.net
Yehushuan

PostSubject: Re: Joel Osteen Exposed   Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:32 pm

Don't you just love the irony that the scriptures quoted against Mr. Osteen are in the voice of Darth Vader?

I love it.

Darth Yehu
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joel Osteen Exposed   Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Who is Darth Vader Yehushuan?
Back to top Go down
Yehushuan

PostSubject: Re: Joel Osteen Exposed   Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:25 pm

Ok...

Movie - 1976 - Star Wars
Darth Vader - Big Bad General of the Evil empire all dressed in black with techno-helmet, voiced over by James Earl Jones who published an audio book "James Earl Jones Reads the Bible"

The Bible readings in the OP clip were from this audio book.

I'd post the links, but forum settings won't let me for seven days. (But you can always Google.)

Yehu
(I had once been called "Darth" Yehu on another forum and so the epithet sort of stuck in a humorous way.)
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Joel Osteen Exposed   Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:39 am

I thought that was James Earl Jones. He is one of my favorite actors.

And, Yehushuan, welcome to Way of Truth.

PostSubject: Re: Joel Osteen Exposed   Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:54 am

Thanks Yehushuan for explaining and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Yehushuan

PostSubject: Re: Joel Osteen Exposed   Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

BTW, while I'm not in complete agreement with Osteen (as I'm probably not in complete agreement with anyone), I have to say it was at the advice from a friend that I watched one his sermons and had a change of heart regarding attending my daughter's college graduation ceremony. She was quite backslidden by then (reprobate even) and I was dead set against even speaking with her on the phone, let alone attending college graduation.

As I said, Osteen changed my mind on that matter, and I've been grateful for that ever since. Over the next eight years, that led to constructive engagement and my daughter has come around on many things. Still some to go, but I'm sure my Father in heaven feels that way about me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joel Osteen Exposed   Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:30 pm

What a nice post Yehu. I am glad to hear things are coming around with your daughter.

I am a very strict believer in forgiveness. I have to forgive or I cannot live with myself....no matter what the situation is.
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Joel Osteen Exposed   Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:50 pm

Yehushuan wrote:
Thanks for the welcome.

BTW, while I'm not in complete agreement with Osteen (as I'm probably not in complete agreement with anyone), I have to say it was at the advice from a friend that I watched one his sermons and had a change of heart regarding attending my daughter's college graduation ceremony.  She was quite backslidden by then (reprobate even) and I was dead set against even speaking with her on the phone, let alone attending college graduation.

As I said, Osteen changed my mind on that matter, and I've been grateful for that ever since.  Over the next eight years, that led to constructive engagement and my daughter has come around on many things.  Still some to go, but I'm sure my Father in heaven feels that way about me.

I think you know as well as I do, shysters like Joel Osteen say just enough truth to keep people interested.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joel Osteen Exposed   

Back to top Go down

Joel Osteen Exposed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1