Share | 

Questions Calvinists Cannot Answer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin

PostSubject: Questions Calvinists Cannot Answer   Fri May 23, 2014 5:31 am

QUESTIONS CALVINISTS CANNOT ANSWER

Calvinism, also known as Reformed Theology, teaches, among other things, that God decreed all things before creation, even sin.  They teach that mankind is totally depraved, as decreed by God.  That God chose some to be unconditionally saved, and the rest to be damned.  That Christ only died for those select few.  That to those select few, the grace of God cannot be resisted.   That through the power of God, this select group of people will be able to face life triumphantly no matter how rough life gets.  

That is a basic description of what Calvinism is.   A big problem I have with Calvinism is the claim that God decreed sin, that he causes wickedness, that he causes evil.  This is basic to Calvinism.  Without it, the tenets of Calvinism are weakened.  So it is this base of Calvinism that I tend to ask questions that Calvinists cannot answer.

Leviticus 18.22 states, "You are not to have sexual relations with a male as you would with a woman. It’s detestable.”  International Standard Version; biblehub.com  A more traditional rendering here, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."  American Standard Version, biblehub.com   Then the rendering in the Contemporary English Version is, "It is disgusting for a man to have sex with another man." biblegateway.com      One thing is for certain, God hates homosexuality.  So, my first question for any Calvinist willing to answer is; Did God decree homosexuality to be?    If he did, would that not be contrary to what we know of the nature of God?    Is not the nature of God one of perfection?  

Psalm 5.4-6 states, "For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness, Nor shall evil dwell with You.  The boastful shall not stand in Your sight; You hate all workers of iniquity.  You shall destroy those who speak falsehood; The Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man."  New King James Version; biblegateway.com     Further, God cannot even look on sin.  This is established in Habakkuk 1.13 which states, "Thou that art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and that canst not look on perverseness, wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy peace when the wicked swalloweth up the man that is more righteous than he."  ASV; biblehub.com   Further, I John 1.5 states,  "And this is the message which we have heard from him and announce unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."  ASV; biblegateway.com    All this being true, how can it be that God decrees sin?  

These are questions I venture to say that Calvinists will not be able to answer.   It might be interesting to see them try.

Questions Calvinists Cannot Answer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1