Share | 

Psalm 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin

PostSubject: Psalm 1   Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:26 pm

PSALM 1

1 Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stands in the way of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of scoffers:
2 But his delight is in the law of Jehovah; And on his law does he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the streams of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also does not wither; And whatsoever he does shall prosper.
4 The wicked are not so, But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
5 Therefore the wicked shall not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6 For Jehovah knows the way of the righteous; But the way of the wicked shall perish.
ASV Revised; biblegateway.com
-------

This is the reason I don't attend any church. I believe attending any of today's churches would be a violation of the righteous principles in this Psalm. All the ones I know are scoffers. They show no respect to Jehovah or His Son. They have brought in idolatry and claim to be worshipping Jehovah and His Son. They have dragged the birth, death and resurrection of the Son through the mud and call it celebration. They drag others in to join the scoffing and they call it salvation.

As for me, I will not walk in their counsel, I will not stand in their way, and I will not sit in their seat, for if I did, I would be just as guilty. It would show that I support their scoffing when I do not. I would be a hypocrite before Jehovah. I will not do that no matter how enticing the enemies of Jehovah make it, even if they have an institution that bears His name, or the name of His Son. They are using those names in vain and they worship in vain. As Jesus said in Matthew 15.9, "But in vain they worship me, Teaching as their doctrines the precepts of men."

Psalm 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1