HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Proverbs 4.7 & II Timothy 2.15

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL
Admin

PostSubject: Proverbs 4.7 & II Timothy 2.15   Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:02 pm

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding." KJV.

This verse, along with 2nd Timothy 2.15....
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." - KJV, are verses that have had a big impact in my life. They have given me an appetite to learn. Although, I was not very good at it in academic settings especially in the public school setting. I was always more interested in the Bible than anything else.

In time my interests included politics and the weather, and while I have never been as zealous about politics and weather as I have been about the Bible, they nevertheless became important subjects to me, and these two verses have given me a yearning to understand them as well.

I really like 2nd Timothy 2.15 in the International Standard Version. That's why it's in my signature. study

slybelvedere

PostSubject: Re: Proverbs 4.7 & II Timothy 2.15   Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:13 pm

Interesting that the Bible encourages us to learn, I see way too many pastors today "water down" the scriptures instead of taking the time to teach them thoroughly.
Back to top Go down
TomL
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Proverbs 4.7 & II Timothy 2.15   Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:03 pm

slybelvedere wrote:
Interesting that the Bible encourages us to learn, I see way too many pastors today "water down" the scriptures instead of taking the time to teach them thoroughly.

You are so right. That's why so many who are called Christians have no clue what the Bible teaches. That's why they listen to and believe false teachers like John Hagee.

slybelvedere

PostSubject: Re: Proverbs 4.7 & II Timothy 2.15   Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:18 pm

I love the Keith Green quote where he said Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than going to McDonald's makes you a hamburger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proverbs 4.7 & II Timothy 2.15   

Back to top Go down

Proverbs 4.7 & II Timothy 2.15
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1