Way of Truth Forums

A Forum Site For Christians Seeking the Way of Truth

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

What Do You Think About Angels, and Are They Active Today?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomL

PostSubject: What Do You Think About Angels, and Are They Active Today?   Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Hebrews 1.14 states that angels are, "ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation."

Genesis 19 tells the story of two angels that visited Sodom before it's destruction. And they appeared as men. Verse 11 says that they struck the men at the doorway with blindness. So they had what could be termed super-natural powers. The angels told Lot that they were sent to destroy "this place." So, they had the power to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah.

John 20.12 tells us that Mary saw two angels in white, and it was these angels that told her that Jesus has risen.

In Acts 1, two men dressed in white stood next to the disciples and told them that Jesus would return as they saw Him leave.

From these scriptures, can we conclude that angels are spiritual beings that can appear as men, and that they have great power. We also see that they were the first messengers of the resurrection of Christ and of the return of Christ, besides Christ Himself. That among their functions includes ministering to those that will inherit salvation.

To the second part of the question. Are they active today? I believe they are. One time. I was feeling down, and I went to a local park. While, there, a woman approached me and started talking to me. We had a conversation, and when I was feeling better, I turned around and she was gone.

When my dad died, my brother lived in California, and he felt bad that he couldn't be here. When he got the news, he went out for a walk. He stopped at a restaurant for some coffee. While there, this man came and sat next to my brother, and also got a cup of coffee. And they chatted. My brother said the man looked like dad wearing his work clothes, but he was all cleaned up. After a while, the man went into the men's room, and never came out. He went to look for him, but he was gone. And apparrently he was the only person that ever saw this man. Was that man an angel appearing to my brother to help him feel better? I believe so. Just as the woman that appeared to me in the park. I believe she was an angel too.

So, yes, I believe angels are active today.

What do you think?

Cool
Back to top Go down

What Do You Think About Angels, and Are They Active Today?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1